Friday, August 10, 2012

FIVE QUESTIONS WITH... Charlotte Bennardo

Author Bio:
Lover of sparkly things, Char doesn't have as many shoes as she'd like, but wouldn't have time to wear them anyway with her three boys, husband, cat with issues, demented squirrels and insistent characters all demanding her time. She is represented by Natalie Lakosil of the Bradford Literary Agency and is hoping to get all her characters into print just so they'll be quiet.



Find Charlotte: Twitter l Blog l Website Sirenz


In Sirenz, boarding school roomies Meg and Shar learned the hazards of making a deal with Hades, Lord of the Underworld. The wearing of a Tiffany's diamond ring in Sirenz Back In Fashion reactivates their contract, they find themselves back in his employ as sirens. And things are a little different this time; Shar is whisked off to the Underworld to play hostess as the dark god attempts to win her affections, while Meg is stuck topside, obligated to send spoiled rich girl Paulina Swanson to the Underworld. Hot gods, mere mortals and the Underworld have their secrets. Will Meg and Shar ever ditch Hades, and keep their wardrobes and souls intact?

Find Sirenz: Goodreads l Amazon Barnes & Noble
Five Questions:
1. Why did you choose to write a book in the Young Adult genre?

I've written picture, middle grade and adult level books, but after the frenzy that was Twilight, I thought YA was the genre to check out. It made sense for the story, too.

2. Who is your favourite character you have written and why?

Oh, it's a toss up; my favorite person is Hades- because he's deliciously naughty, arrogant, sexy. I'd love a contest of matching wits with him, as long as my soul wasn't on the line... My favorite non-person is Jack, the squirrel from my middle grade novel because this squirrel is so smart, he knows how to use simple machines. 

3. Describe a typical writing day for you?

I get up, get my chai tea (after kids go to school), check email, social networks. Then I write, edit, or plan whatever text I'm working on. I generally do that until the kids get home (at which time I get out of my jammies) and do housework/errands because I can't work with their distractions.

4. What are you reading at the moment?

I am in the middle of  When You Were Mine, by Rebecca Serle, and Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas. I usually read several books at once (dependent upon mood, geographical location, and the book.

5. If you turned your ipod on now, what would be the song that is currently playing?

Anything by Adele. I love her voice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...